Meal Ministry Purpose
New Life seeks to love and serve families and individuals in times of need...after the birth of a baby...after surgery or hospitalization...during times of crisis.
Who We Serve:
New Life family may request meals from the Meal Ministry by contacting
- The church office (712-722-3520 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meal Coordinator (Tiffany Govig 712-722-0798 | email@example.com).
We strive to serve those whose needs are not already being met by family and friends. Please note we cannot attempt to assist with a meal if we do not know about the need.
Meal requests should receive a 48-72 hour notice before starting the first meal on an approved meal schedule.
I Would Like to Be Notified of Meal Needs:
Online sign up instructions on how to schedule providing a meal
- Go to www.takethemameal.com
- In the Find section in the middle of the screen:
- For “Recipient Last Name” Enter: newlife
- Password: nlrchurch
- Select a date that you would like to provide a meal (if there are any special meal instructions or preferences, they will be listed at the top of the screen) and click to sign up.
- Fill in your name, email address (this will provide you with a reminder email the day before you are scheduled to provide a meal), phone number, and what you plan to bring for a meal to avoid getting too many of the same meal.
- Click Sign Up!
Tips when providing ameal:
- Aim for a main dish (meat, sandwich, or casserole) and a side dish (salad, vegetable, or fruit). You may also include dessert if you wish.
- The meal does not need to be homemade. Some ideas include:
- rotisserie chicken
- broasted chicken takeout taco meat, shells, & fixings pizza delivery
- hot ham & cheese
- ham balls
- Stouffer’s lasagna
- lettuce salad cooked veggies raw veggie tray fruit salad
- garlic bread chips
- fresh fruit applesauce
- Ask a friend to help provide a meal together.
- Please deliver your meals in disposable containers so the receiver does not have to return dishes to you.
- Typically we ask that your meal be delivered hot and ready to eat at 5:30 pm, unless otherwise specified.