Message from Pastor Bobby about gathering together again
Regathering For Worship Details
New Life family, we are excited to to announce when we will regather for worship again at church! The anticipated date for worshipping in our facility will be June 14 at our regular time of 9:30am.
As we regather for worship in light of COVID-19 we want to practice healthy measures for everyone’s safety.
Here are the following changes that we are implementing:
- Our morning service will be at our regular time of 9:30am. This service will also be live streamed on our website and on our Facebook page! Please note that as we regather for worship in our facility, we recognize that some might not feel comfortable worshipping in a large setting and that is ok!
- If you or someone in your family is sick, or has been sick in the past week, please stay home. This is a great way to show your love for your neighbor. We know everyone wants to get back to corporate worship, but we need to exercise caution. Again, our services are still available online so please join us virtually if you’re feeling ill.
- Since COVID-19 affects certain groups more negatively, we encourage the following groups to strongly consider saying home and watching the service online.
- Those with underlying health conditions that compromise their immune system.
- Senior members of our church.
- Those who care for immune-compromised people or seniors
- Anyone who feels uncomfortable being in a large gathering of people.
- Before coming to worship
- Wash your hands
- You are more than welcome to wear a mask.
- Use the restroom beforehand. Our bathroom facilities will be open; however, we can limit the possible spread of the virus if as few people as possible use them.
- Entering the church
- The education wing and East side of the building will be locked and marked with caution tape.
- You may enter the building either by the Northwest or Southwest doors off of 2nd Ave. *See diagram below.
- During worship we are making the following adjustments:
- Hand sanitizer will be available
- Seating in the worship center is set up for social distancing. We will have additional seating in the Daniel room and the Youth room if needed.
- Offering- we will have a place to put your offering at the doors. We will not be passing the collection bags. You can also give online through our website.
- The nursery will not be open.
- There will be no Sunday School, Children in Worship, or Little Lambs.
- There will be no coffee or juice. Feel free to bring your own!
- While not requiring masks, we encourage the use of them (especially during congregational singing). Masks are not for our own benefit but for the sake of those around us.
- Exiting the church
- An usher will dismiss everyone by rows.
- We acknowledge that it will be difficult, but please exit the building immediately and feel free to fellowship at a safe distance in the parking lot.
We look forward to regathering for worship again on June 14. Please continue to monitor your email and New Life’s Facebook page for any changes or updates to our plan to regather for worship in the building.