Room | Event Request Information
New Life Church has an active ministry to children, youth, adults, and seniors. Its primary purpose is to carry on the ministry of the local church by Loving God, Loving Others, and Serving the World. Its programs and people are the top priority when it comes to building use. However, New Life Church still wishes to expand its outreach into the community (serving the world) by offering the use of its facilities.
Building use activities fall under the jurisdiction of the Consistory. The Director of Ministry and Connections manages building use. No commitment for building use is finalized until the Room Use Agreement has been completed and executed by the Director of Ministry and Connections.
New Life Church has a number of long-standing relationships with several community organizations for ongoing use. Availability for such ongoing usage is limited but can be considered. Local organizations and individuals can use our facilities for one-time or short-term usage. When possible, we attempt to make our facility available for such groups. Our first priority is to the programs and membership needs of the church. Priority is then given to nonprofit groups that are supported by the church, and finally to other nonprofit organizations.
Approval of the use of the grounds and facilities does not constitute or imply endorsement of a group, their mission, or their positions. Groups approved to use our facilities must not advertise the event in such a way as to imply endorsement by the congregation. No activities or advocacy may take place within our buildings or grounds that conflicts with the bylaws and the practices of this congregation and the denomination.
SPECIAL NOTICE CONCERNING COVID-19 AND ROOM USE | EVENTS
THE FOLLOWING POLICIES WILL BE ADDED TO OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC
*These policies are subject to change based on recommendations from local, state and federal authorities.
- CDC guidelines are posted at each entrance and exit to the building
- Hand sanitizer can be found at the exits and will be provided for your event.
- General Group Guidelines
- It is expected that all groups will follow social distancing recommendations.
- Depending on the size of your group, we may not be able to accommodate the request due to space limitations as a result of spacing guidelines.
- Groups of more than 10 people are encouraged to consider wearing face masks when meeting within the facility
- Groups are only permitted in the part of the church that they have requested to use. Spaces are cleaned thoroughly after each meeting and wandering into other parts of the church will jeopardize our effort to keep our facility cleaned and sanitized.
- May NOT be served buffet style. Food MUST be served by someone wearing a mask and gloves. New Life does not provide masks or gloves for food service.
- Condiments must be prepackaged, no communal items are permitted
- Pre-wrapped food that can be picked up individually (such as snack cakes or individually wrapped home goods) is permitted
Rules and Regulations for Events and Room Usage
Starting and Ending Times
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. through 9:00 p.m.
- Weekends from 9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
- The building must be completely cleared no later than 9:30 p.m. (or 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays) to allow the building to be closed promptly.
- If a group remains later than these times, an extra fee of $100/hr ($100 minimum) will be assessed.
All persons and/or groups using our facilities are expected to exercise reasonable care and judgment in such use in order to prevent defacement, damage, or breakage. The persons signing the application for use shall be responsible for paying costs incurred by the church in cleaning, repairing, or replacing any part of the building or its furnishings and equipment which in the judgment of the Director of Ministry and Connections has been carelessly or irresponsibly subjected to more than normal wear and tear by the persons or group involved.
All rooms have been designated with a standard room setup. Any setup changes requested by the group are subject to approval by the Director of Ministry and Connections and are considered in the calculation of Impact Fees noted above.
Stage/ Music/ Piano Use
Permission to use the piano and/or stage for performing music must be granted by the Director of Music. If the user wishes to have instruments tuned, they will be tuned at the user’s expense by a craftsman approved by the Director of Music. Pianos cannot be moved except by permission from the Director of Music or the Director of Ministry and Connections.
Smoking/ Alcohol Policy
All members of all groups using our facilities shall abide by a “no smoking” rule in all parts of the building, including corridors and restrooms. Smoking receptacles are provided outside main entrances to the building. Violation of this rule is sufficient ground for a staff member to withdraw immediately any group’s use of the facilities and/ or to deny use in the future. Furthermore, the serving, consumption, or use of alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or narcotics shall not be permitted at any time on church property.
Supervision of Children and Youth
This church has adopted Safe Church policies for children and youth. All users of the facility are expected to follow the guidelines of this policy including the following:
- No fewer than two adults must be present at all times during any program or event involving children.
- These adults must be 18 or older and must be at least 5 years older than the children with whom they are working.
- At least one of the adults present must be currently certified in First Aid and CPR.
- The adults involved with the children must receive a background check and annual training related to child abuse prevention. Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Director of Student Ministries.
The nursery facility is generally not available. However, special arrangement can be requested at least two weeks prior to the event by contacting the Director of Student Ministries. Our safety standards require that two nursery care providers must be present to operate the nursery. At least one of these must be a New Life Church qualified caregiver; both must be adults over the age of 18.
Food and Drink | Use of the Kitchen/Fellowship Hall
- Kitchen space shall be cleaned after each use. Any spills should be cleaned up. The counter tops should be wiped up. Floors should be swept.
- All dishes and utensils used shall be washed, dried and returned to the cabinet space designated. Nothing should be left on the draining board or counter.
- Use of church paper supplies and plastic utensils is prohibited.
- All trash and garbage shall be removed and placed in the dumpster and a replacement bag placed in trash can.
- No food or beverage shall be left in the refrigerator or freezer without plans for its further use or disposal.
- *Prom requests - Absolutely no red or purple punch or grape juice allowed.
Decorations may be attached to the walls, doors, and light fixtures with masking tape only. All items attached to and/or hanging on the facility walls will not be removed. No decorating is permitted in the hallways. All decorations used must be removed immediately and completely following the event.
*Prom requests - decorating cannot take place before Thursday at 3:30pm. This allows other events to happen in the facility during the week of Prom.
Emergency Scheduling Conflicts
The church reserves the right to pre-empt any facility use for its own in cases of emergencies, such as funerals. Notice will be provided as early as possible.
Recycling is a policy of our church. Recycling containers are available for your use. Every organization is responsible for complying with this policy.
All organizations using the facility will be responsible for storing props and accessories offsite.
Bicycles and Skateboards
No bicycles or skateboards are allowed inside the church facility.
Parking on the church campus is available only during the period of time that a group has contracted to use the facility. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Any damage to vehicles is at the owner’s expense; the church is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.
We ask that all users pay close attention to personal property and valuables, not leaving them unattended. The church is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.
In case of doubt or uncertainty by any outside person or group about the application or interpretation of these regulations, or in our customary practices not specifically mentioned here, the Director of Ministry and Connections or a delegated representative shall decide the matter and all individuals and groups shall abide by said decisions or forfeit immediately the use of any part of the facility.
Fees for Facility Usage
Please note the fee schedule below. Also, be sure to review the Impact Fee schedule following the basic fee table.
Type A: Receptions and Special Events
Type B: Educational and other activities that are considered an extension of our ministry as evidenced either by our financial support or approved by the Consistory of New Life church.
Type C: Civic and service activities, including musical groups, service clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.
*Worship Center Sound System
The sound, video or recording systems are available upon request. The systems will be operated by New Life video/sound technicians. Group-provided sound, recording, or video equipment may not be attached to this sound system through cables or connectors without prior approval.
Types of Reservation Requests
Defined as any gathering that will make use of more than one aspect of the church building (For example: using the Fellowship Hall and Kitchen). Food and/or drink is usually served and the gathering will involve set-up prior to the event and/or use of the sound/ projection system.
Defined as a gathering of individuals that meet together and only require the use of one room over the course of no more than 3 hours during regular office hours.
- Lunch ONLY
- $200 - for 1/2 day usage
- Includes: custodial set up/ take down
- Sound, projection or video personnel not available
- Service and Lunch
- $300 - for 1/2 day usage
- Includes: custodial set up/ take down
- Sound, projection or video personnel available (additional $50 per person, if applicable)